Monday, December 2, 2013

Psalm 66:18

Psalm 66:18
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, Yahweh will not hear me."

This has become my personal daily mantra if you will. This scripture was read this past Sabbath and it really struck home with me.  Why haven't we had kids?  Has it been my own prayers not heard because of the thoughts in my mind?  I dwell on way too much that should not be considered or thought.

In "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker, there is a concept called "bouncing the eyes" which applies for when you realize you're gazing at something you shouldn't be (most commonly in reference to a woman's cleavage or backside) and you bounce the eyes away from that subject to something innocuous.  I like to use this term for more than just getting your eyes looking away, but kicking that idea out of your head when you realize that you are pondering something inappropriate.  Sending those thoughts bouncing down the road.

This one verse has popped into my head dozens of times since hearing it this past Saturday.  I've made this verse my lock-screen background on my iPhone and is a constant reminder of throwing thoughts out of my mind that don't belong there.  While the book I mentioned was helpful, I kinda lost the habit.  However, I feel this has a stronger impact on me because there is a defined cause and effect within this one verse.

II Timothy 3:16-17
"All scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for CORRECTION, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Scripture is true and good and a better source of life-changing advice than men.  Below is attached the background I created for anyone who wished to download for their phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment