The following recipe is from my wife and she has made this twice in the last week (once for the Sabbath Meal at church and once for home as there were no leftovers). The comments are hers.
- 1 lb browned ground beef or turkey (I season meat with my favorite seasonings or salt/pepper)
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 3 cans rotel (we like spicy)
- 2 cans corn
- 1-2 cans hominy
- 1 8oz bottle taco sauce (La Victoria Red Taco Sauce has no sugar)
- Sliced jalapeños, optional for your spicy level
- 1 c water (just enough to make it a little soupy, not chunky like stew)
Put in crockpot on low in morning to be ready for dinner, or high if you have 1/2 day cooking before its served.
(Editor's note: Depending on the size of the crockpot, you might cut out one of the cans of hominy or Ro-tel.)