Recipe: Shredded Chicken for tacos
- 1 pound of Chicken breasts
- 1 can of Green Enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 1 cup of water
- Pour the can of sauce into a crockpot.
- Remove the fat from the chicken and place the breasts in the crockpot doing your best to make sure they're covered by the sauce.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken.
- Set the crockpot to low and leave overnight (or start in morning for evening meal)
- In the morning (or about an hour before the meal), use a potato masher to shred the chick in the crockpot.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover again.
This provides great tasting shredded chicken with much less mess and work for tacos or salads. Try switching out the sauce and seasoning for different flavors.