Monday, June 11, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 2, Days 6-7


Saturday:
Breakfast (10am):  Chicken sausages, scrambled eggs w/veggies, rice cakes w/ peanut butter
Amy made homemade chicken sausage from ground chicken and seasonings.  It was much better than the turkey sausage we had made before so we are getting closer to what we want.
Today at church was a Taco Bar potluck.  So we made our plans to ensure we would enjoy a meal with everyone by taking the following:  shredded chicken (recipe provided on another post), shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cantaloupe and watermelon.
My mother had brought ground beef taco meat (using a seasoning recipe online that did not use sugar).
Lunch (4pm):  Taco salad, guacamole, refried beans, veggies, hummus, cantaloupe.
The salad turned out great and I look forward to leftovers (we brought home plenty of shredded chicken, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes).  Everything was so good.  I made a celery dip from refried beans, guacamole and salsa mixed together.
I think I had a late afternoon snack of rice cakes w/ peanut butter.
It was necessary to get to bed early for the 5am wakeup time for the 10K on Sunday.
Sunday:
I've posted separately about the 10K here.  So I'll now proceed with what was critical to my weight-loss plan.
I weighed in this morning at 265.0 gaining 0.2 from yesterday.  No surprise, I've mapped out my losses and gains over the last three weeks and my worst days (least lost or most gained) are Tuesday and Saturday and my best days (most lost) are Monday and Friday.  Interestingly, Amy's worst days are Wednesday and Sunday and her best days are Monday and Thursday.
I guess Mondays are good because it is the start of a new week.  So it seems we start off the week renewed on sticking to the plan (both of us because we probably had a gain either Saturday or Sunday).  We are off a day on our worst days and almost in line with each other on our best days.  The averages will change over the next few weeks, but I'm curious to see what the final result will be.
Before my race, I had a bottle of water and a pear.  That was basically my breakfast.  I had picked up water at every station available so I didn't dehydrate too much (I still needed another bottle of water at the finish line).
Afterwards, I went to a booth by MyFitFoods.com.  While I'm not a proponent of purchasing a meal plan, they offered a post race meal consisting of a cup of ground turkey scramble with onion, peppers, potatoes and tortilla strips.  It was a great post race dish that was mostly on my plan (if you leave out the potatoes and tortilla strips, it would haev been perfect).
I weighed myself after getting home from the run and found that, despite all the water, the pear and the scramble, I had lost a full 2.0 pounds.  I could only hope I didn't put that back on with the rest of today's activities.
DJ and I reconvened with our respective spouses at Blue Mesa Grill in Southlake to have brunch and celebrate.
Brunch (11:15am):  scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes, chicken fajitas, quiche, guacamole, roasted veggies, cream corn.
Amy and I had allowed ourselves a little cheat today.  This was a small celebration and was not going to happen very often at all.  This permitted a little more leeway on what we could get at the buffet.  We both still avoided the pancakes, belgian waffles, brownies, cookies, pecan bars, etc.
We spent the afternoon shopping in Southlake.  It was a nice break and we got some good deals.
Finally, at home, we had a relaxing afternoon in which I tried to nap, but failed (my legs were still twitching too much from the run).
Dinner (7:30pm):  burger patty, half baked sweet potato, salad w/ salsa as dressing, half avocado, unsweet decaf tea.
Excellent meal prepared by Amy as I was worn out from the run and shopping.  I had already physically checked out for the evening.
Monday morning:
I finally weighed in to end Week 2.  I lost 1.6 pounds on Sunday.  That was 2.8 for Week 2 which is still respectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment