Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 2, Day 3

Yesterday, I got home a little earlier than usual thanks to good traffic and I got lazy.  I didn't mow the lawn or go to the gym this evening.  I did decide to work on part of our dinner.

Dinner (5:30pm): Grilled Chicken, baked eggplant, roasted garlic and Spanish fried rice; unsweet decaf iced tea.
The grilled chicken was Amy's part of the dinner.  She used a seasoning mix for chicken from Sam's Club.  I sliced the eggplant, sprinkled on olive oil, cajun seasoning, cilantro and some sea salt and baked it in the oven with a split open garlic bunch (also drizzled with oil and salt).  The Spanish fried rice was the same recipe I used last week with the addition of three scrambled eggs.  The eggplant was NOT a hit and will probably not make it onto our menu again.  Everything else was really good.

After dinner, we caught a showing of "The Blood Sugar Solution by Dr Mark Hyman" on the local PBS channel at 7pm.  It was a good overview of the whole program Amy and I are doing.  It reminded Amy that she's not been doing her vitamins.  So we went to Target where she got a new 7-day vitamin holder (each day has AM and PM compartments and separates from the holder so that she can carry a single day in her purse instead of the entire week's worth).

This morning, I weighed in and found I'd gained another pound.  Disappointing really, but most likely due to the rice I had with my lunch at the Korean restaurant.  Today I'm working harder to avoid those pitfalls.

Breakfast (6:15am): two scrambled eggs w/ two slices of turkey and crushed red peppers; brown rice cake w/ crunchy peanut butter.
It felt good to fix my own breakfast this morning and it be nice and hot and not reheated in a microwave.  This may be the best way to go as it will force me to get up earlier.  I need to make it a regular thing.

2nd Breakfast (9:30am): apple.


Lunch (11:30am):  Turkey Tom Unwich from Jimmy John's (minus the mayo); half a pickle; handful of Chipotle Lime Cashews (from World Market).
I needed something different for lunch and the Unwich really grabbed my taste buds as they replace the bun with a huge lettuce leaf so it's a sandwich lettuce wrap.

Now tonight I plan on doing the spin class (not my preferred instructor, but since I missed Monday, I'm seriously craving spin class).  Then I'll mow the lawn afterwards and then shower and dinner.  Probably leftovers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment