Monday, June 4, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 1, Days 6-7

So Amy and I survived the Italian Bistro on Friday Evening. We both had the grilled chicken with steamed veggies and ordered a small bowl of marinara sauce on the side (not knowing the dish would come with a bowl of spaghetti w/ marinara). We also enjoyed a small appetizer of mozarella, tomatoes and mushrooms in a sauce (we avoided the mozarella). We skipped the wine, homemade garlic rolls, cheese bread, pasta and mashed potatoes (the menu didn't mention them but they came on our plate).

Saturday morning, I weigh in and, believe it or not, I lost 2 pounds on Friday.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, rice cakes w/ crunchy peanut butter.

We packed a snack bag with two apples and two containers of nuts (almonds and pistachios). This was in case nothing was available at the meal after church service that we could eat.

Turns out, we were pleasantly surprised to find roast chicken, a pot of beans, and a pot of steamed veggies. The dessert table had many good items, but we could only touch the watermelon. I ended up having a cup of applesauce.

We then spent the evening at my brother's in-laws in their swimming pool. I later snacked on the rest of the pistachios and the apple. I'm still sore in my neck and shoulders as I type this Monday morning.

Sunday, I weigh in and find I lost only 0.2. I'm okay with that. Probably because I had that late evening snack.

I go for a 4mile walk while my running partner does his 55 min workout. We end up at Roots Coffeehouse afterwards where I try a red ginger tea (caffeine-free). It was the weirdest thing to take a sip and the after effect is that of a sweetness in my mouth. It had no sweeteners added to it. It felt a little like cheating, but it was still okay.

I went to Market Street to do some shopping for items to add to our menu for the week and to add to our pantry items that we can use for a while.

Lunch (12:00pm): 3 scrambled eggs with turkey pastrami, jalapeno and brown rice; fresh peach
Notice no mention of breakfast. This was my first meal of the day. Not my usual plan of eating every 3-4 hours.

I shaved the dog as much as I could (he's getting old and feisty) and then we gave him a much needed bath. He seemed to be a much happier dog after that.

Finally showering off, we sit down to watch a few movies and snacking involved some nuts, flaxseed crackers, and fruit.

Dinner (8:00pm): Ground Beef mixed with Napolitano pasta sauce and brown rice pasta; baked sweet potato w/ cinnamon.
This was a much later dinner than we normally do. We had snacked so late that we weren't hungry until then. Overall, a very good meal. The brown rice pasta was better than expected, but it does stick together easier too.

Since this is the last day of Week 1, I'll go ahead and include this morning's weigh-in. I hopped on the scale and it showed 266.2 That is a loss of 1.4 pounds for Sunday, a total of 6.4 pounds for Week 1 and a total of 17.6 pounds for the entirety of the program.

Oh, yeah!

1 comment: