Stir Fry Chicken:
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2-3 tbsp safflower oil (or sunflower... just any healthy oil for high heat)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium preferable)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 whole bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 whole jalapeno, chopped fine
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp chives
- In a skillet, heat the oil, cayenne and crushed red pepper on medium. Be careful as it may start to smoke. If so, turn down the heat a little bit.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and stir occasionally until the chicken is mostly done (no signs of raw spots).
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients. Stir occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- Once the vegetables have softened slightly, remove from skillet and serve with a 1/2 cup side of brown or black rice (I prepared mine using a can of chicken broth).
- Enjoy. Note that the only fat comes from the chicken and the oil. The only salt from the soy sauce and jalapeno (if pickled).
Prep time is about 10-15 minutes. Cook time also 10-15 minutes. Serves 2-3.