Thursday, May 24, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 0, Day 4

I got home and dinner was not quite ready so I snacked on two brown rice cakes with crunchy peanut butter. It was like having a dessert. So good.

Dinner was a grilled chicken breast w/ Mrs. Dash (awesome and juicy since Amy found a better technique for cooking it), roasted asparagus (done the same as the zucchini and squash), baked sweet potato (this time without butter and I didn't miss it) and unsweet decaf tea.

This was also an unusual night when neither of us had dessert for the second night in a row. I can't recall when we've done that (and that's a sad commentary in itself).

Weigh-in this morning: 1.6 pounds lost, 8.0 pounds total. WOOT!

Breakfast (6:00am): 2 baked eggs w/ 1 slice cheese, bowl of Shredded Wheat n Bran with ½ cup milk.
Today I decided to have two eggs and split one slice of cheese between them. The cheese made them even better.

2nd Breakfast (9:00am): handful of spicy peanuts
I really wish I'd brought my peanut butter to work so I could have a brown rice cake slathered in crunchy peanut butter.

Lunch (11:30am): remaining chicken breast (from Monday night), celery, pistachios (roasted/salted) and two very small peaches.

I forgot my hummus for lunch (as I ate in the Cafe downstairs with my coworkers) so it was a rather dry meal, but the peaches were PERFECT.

Looking forward to preparing dinner tonight (Amy has been doing a smashing job, but I don't want her to feel like she always has to fix dinner). So I plan on having a chicken stir-fry with black rice (heavy on the veggies, light on the rice). I need to find some recipes for Asian sauces that don't use sugar (most of them do... as well as Indian dishes).

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have been enjoying what I've been cooking so far. :) I do appreciate you taking the time to help fix meals. Tonight's dinner was delicious! That recipe is a keeper! I had a small gain this morning, but it may have been due to what I ate yesterday. I'm hoping tomorrow morning's weight shows an improvement. I tried to be better today. So far I feel strong in doing this new healthy eating plan.

    ReplyDelete