Wednesday, May 23, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 0, Day 3

Yesterday evening after running a few errands, Amy and I sat down to the meal she had prepared. We had quarter pound of grass fed beef, roasted squash and zucchini, fresh sliced tomatoes, whole pepper and unsweet decaf tea.

She had prepared the beef as burger patties and cooked them in an iron skillet. The roasted veggies were cut up, spread out on a baking sheet, seasoned and drizzled with safflower oil and then baked. It was all very good and filling. We had no dessert last night as we needed to get to Whole Foods to do an item return and pick up more food stuffs we can eat. This included more hummus, rice crackers, black rice (two varieties), brown rice cakes, tahini (to start making our own hummus) and so on. We also did price some items to compare with other stores.

We stopped at Target and picked up the last of their grass-fed beef, one package of chicken, and some ingredients needed to make our own salad dressings. We also picked up a copy of the book (I have a digital copy on my Kindle and wanted one Amy could read and we could both reference as we work through this program).

Amy pointed out that we missed a candy jar full of dark chocolate Hershey kisses yesterday. I was putting away the black rice and discovered two other bags of candy unopened (milk chocolate Hershey kisses and Jolly Ranchers). All of these went to work along with some caffeinated teas. The hot chocolate mixes have been set aside to take to church.

I weighed in this morning and found I had lost another 1.6 pounds... that's 6.4 pounds total in just two days. Looks like it'll be 10 pounds by the end of this Week 0.

Breakfast (6:00am): 1 baked egg, bowl of Shredded Wheat n Bran with ½ cup milk.
This morning I heated up the baked egg in the toaster oven just hitting the toast button. I'll have to try different settings to see what works best, but at least I didn't have exploding egg. I'm enjoying the cereal until next week when I have to give up gluten and dairy.

2nd Breakfast (9:00am): handful of spicy peanuts
I wasn't feeling very hungry so I opted for something small. At some point I will have to bring my jar of peanut butter to work to eat with one of the packages of rice cakes. Or I may try hummus on them.

Lunch (11:30am): one grass-fed beef burger patty, several spears of asparagus (raw), one tomato, jalapeno hummus.
This was what I ate during a "Lunch n Learn" where everyone brings their lunch and learns some new technology or how processes work within the company. My lunch filled me up fast and was quite good. I need some time to get used to eating raw veggies all the time (I need to fix some up cooked and store them in the fridge for lunches as well).

So far this day is going well. Amy has lost a good bit this week and I'm really proud of all that she's accomplished. Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment