Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BSS Journal - Week 0, Day 2

After work, I went to spin class and was rewarded with a rather brutal workout, but I know it did a lot of good (see below).

Afterwards, my friend, Bill, asked me to join him in the sauna and I finally saw the purpose of this. It helps with the muscles recovering from the workout and you continue the sweating (again, see below). Plus I learned more about some of the other guys in the spin class. The instructor and three other spin mates had each lost over 100 pounds. So I’m surrounded by a lot of positive role models. I could only last about 10-15 minutes, but it was worth it.

Last night went well with Amy preparing grilled chicken, baked sweet potatoes, raw veggies and unsweet decaf tea. With no other snacking or desserts last night, it was quite a different evening. I really didn’t feel all that hungry to snack and the dinner had quite filled us up.

Amy also went to Tom Thumb and a farmer’s market to get more veggies for home along with other ingredients (such as a few flavors of hummus).

After dinner, I prepared breakfast for the rest of my work week. I took out six ramekins (a muffin pan would work as well). I sprayed the bottom with cooking spray, put in a slice of turkey deli meat, then cracked an egg over that. After breaking the yolk, I sprinkled on Herbes de Provence and sea salt. Baked in the oven for 15 minutes at 350F. Once cooled, these could be stacked in the fridge and then reheated in the morning (warning, don’t reheat in microwave as the egg could pop or explode unless using completely scrambled eggs).

I weighed myself this morning. With no sugar yesterday and spin class and sauna time, I clocked in at 279.0, a loss of 4.8 pounds over yesterday’s weigh in. I can’t wait to see the week’s final total.

Breakfast (6:00am): 1 baked egg, bowl of Shredded Wheat n Bran with ½ cup milk.
The baked egg was really good and I already have a few ideas for variations. The bowl of cereal tasted a little sweet which surprised me as there was no sugar in the cereal (the milk was the culprit here). Overall, breakfast was good and I look forward to mixing it up a bit.

I finally brought to work what we had gathered together on Sunday to get out of the house (a bunch of individual chip bags, ramen noodles, some workout bars and meal replacement bars and so on). I asked Amy last night what she was going to do with her candy jar and she promptly emptied it out and I brought that candy to work as well. Gonna so miss those M&Ms and Reese’s PB cups.

2nd Breakfast (10:30am): handful of spicy hot peanuts
I was feeling a bit hungry and since it is only an hour until lunch, I just downed a small handful of the peanuts to tide me over.

Lunch (11:30am): two baked chicken strips w/ madras curry, 1 cup of celery, ½ cup of carrots, two tablespoons of roasted red pepper hummus
Note that if I do not mention a drink, then I am usually having water. The two strips of chicken were good and I’ll need to do another batch soon so I have something to quickly put in my lunch. The hummus was AWESOME and worked well with both veggies.

I have a metal bento box that I use for carrying this stuff and keeping it all together. You can find the exact one I use here at this link http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3597564

I feel better that I didn’t have to buy an omelet this morning and a salad at lunch. This is going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment